Tuesday 9 January 2018

The anticipation that follows the trail of words you have let escape your mind and heart is enough to kill waiting for the recipient's 'Reply'

Heart beating at 90 miles per hour
It’s the inner me you’ve began to devour 

Checking my notifications 
It may not have been in your intentions 

Confusion is eating me alive 
Too soon is it for me to dive? 

Tick-Tock 
Please someone stop time- stop the clock

Scared
But for a challenge I am prepared 

I need to know where I stand 
Twenty-five past midnight, phone in hand 

The anticipation is killing me 
Whatever the outcome, I just want you to be happy 

Loving you feels like suicide 
Terrified, I’m waiting here for your reply

No comments:

Post a Comment

I wear "My battle" scars on my sleeves and lead my life with transparency.

Of your shit I was bound to tire My heart A victim, of a murder for hire   You I should despise But loving will be my demise.  Since you ref...