Saturday 15 December 2018

Does one ever get hit by 'Regret' after the inevitable lack of forever is not just presented but also set? When we have something good going our species tends to always look for better and for a while we find it but then we wind up with nothing neither what we originally had nor what we thought we found. That is the point at which we realise "Regret" is all we have left.

It feels like cheating
laying here, listening to his heart beating

Waiting for the "I've had enough"
to which I'll reply "this was never love"

I see you leave
biting your tongue and gritting your teeth

It's six
nothing left to fix

Said "I won't"
to which you responded "please don't"

A  promise
followed by a hopeful voice

Not yet and as it stands never to be together
so why waste time seeing forever

Now filled and seeping with regret
the inevitable lack of forever is set.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I wear "My battle" scars on my sleeves and lead my life with transparency.

Of your shit I was bound to tire My heart A victim, of a murder for hire   You I should despise But loving will be my demise.  Since you ref...